Tag: calming blanket review
Best Calming Blankets Review 2021
Calming blankets for adults can typically be described as blankets that are meant to minimize stress, reduce anxiety and boost one’s quality of sleep. Having burst in the scene recently some people still think that these blankets are just a passing fad. click here.
Are these blankets worth it and do they deliver what they are meant to? Also known as a weighted blanket, a calming blanket is a type of blanket that you can try out to see whether it works or not. But even before you try it out you can always rest assured that it will provide you with the key benefits that you are looking for.
So What Do We Mean By Calming Blanket
A calming blanket is exactly as it sounds. It’s a blanket that’s typically weighing between 20 and 25 pounds that you can use to give you the best calming effect. It usually has glass and plastic beads that give it a heavier feel.
These blankets have been said to help with all sorts of things including stress, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, and sleep quality. There is also some research that shows that they are quite helpful for children who are suffering from sleep quality, insomnia, and chronic pain. The theory about these blankets is that they provide one with deep pressure stimulation that can help them.
You always know what it feels if someone wraps you up in an embrace or that warm feeling that babies feel when they are swaddled in a warm embrace. That’s exactly what adult calming blankets are meant to mimic.
The argument is that these blankets activate a particular parasympathetic and neurotransmitter system. This normally has all manner of implications for anxiety, stress, insomnia and much more.
What Research Says about Calming Blankets
Some objective research has shown that calming blankets leads to decreased movement during sleep, increased sleep time, decreased anxiety and increased calmness. According to those who participated, these blankets make it much easier to settle down. But like new things, there is still a need for more research so as to know exactly what these blankets can do.
If you are constantly online you might have noticed an increasing number of ads about weighted blankets. Apart from the claim that they can treat everything from insomnia and anxiety, these blankets are also some of the most useful things to use. Judging by the number of companies that are making them it seems that people are buying them in droves.
Do calming blankets Work?
According to calming blankets review, calming blankets generally resemble a heavy quilt with metal, plastic and glass weights sewn into pockets and evenly distributed beneath the covers. The weight of these blankets generally stimulates the feeling of being held or hugged. There is a lot of claims that these blankets can calm your nerves and have an impact on your moods.
Originally these blankets were used as a tool by occupational therapists to help soothe the overstimulation of autistic children. However, during those times these blankets were only used after assessment of the child under the supervision and only for around 20 minutes at a time. These blankets were not being used for sleep at all but rather to help the child to remain calm and alert while participating in other activities.
This is perhaps the reason why these blankets were called calming blankets. As compared to the modern blankets the blankets that were being used then were a far cry. Snuggling under a calming blanket while sleeping does not seem appealing but if you constantly suffer from lack of sleep then these blankets can significantly help you.
Benefits of Calming Blankets According To Experts
In the last couple of years, calming blankets have become extremely important. As a matter of fact, most consumers have now agreed that they have a calming effect that cannot be found in other blankets. This is the reason why these blankets have been used by occupational therapists for a number of years.
Great for both adults and kids with sensory conditions, calming blankets work by applying deep touch pressure which can be compared to a special type of tactile sensation. Apart from those suffering from this condition the average person can also significantly benefit from these blankets. Here is how.
These blankets have a calming effect. One of the primary kinds of sensory information is that calming as well is deep touch pressure. According to the executive director of the Spinal Foundation, a nonprofit organization, dedicated to research and education, the deep touch pressure produced by these calming blankets is a universal kind of sensation.
These blankets feel more or less like a hug. Using a weighted blanket feels as if someone else is giving you a hug. If you feel like getting a hug and there is no one who can give you one the best you can do is to look for a weighted blanket.
How do the best calming blankets work?
According to the best calming blankets review, these blankets apply a firm and gentle touch on the body of the user that leads to a calming effect. Generally, the body’s central nervous system consists of two major parts. That is the sympathetic nervous system and the parasympathetic nervous system.
The SNS is the systems that inform the body in case it’s faced with stressful situations throughout the day as you are trying to meet your deadlines, fight heavy traffic or deal with financial pressure, your SNS is always on a very high alert. The PNS works in the opposite way. Apart from relaxing the muscles it calms the nerves, increases circulation and slows down the heart so you can be calm.
The firm and gentle pressure of the calming blankets works as a hug by promoting quietness and stillness on the body. It also leads to the production of the happy hormones known as serotonin and dopamine.
How Calming blankets can help in certain health conditions.
Calming blankets and insomnia
One of the most significant works of calming blankets is that it promotes wellness and boost the quality of life by decreasing the symptoms and effects of insomnia. According to recent studies around 50% of people all over the world suffer from insomnia.
Long term and chronic insomnia can have a very bad effect on the body of an individual and lead to things such as obesity, high blood pressure, mood disturbances and increased risk of developing heart disease and stroke. Now, more than ever, we need a lot of help to get adequate sleep so we can be active the next day. Thankfully using calming blankets is the best and most natural way to enjoy a good night’s sleep.
The weighted blankets evenly applied pressure can significantly stimulate your PNS to calm down the SNS thus promoting relaxation that you need in such conditions. Since general, stress and anxiety throughout the day are some of the most common contributors to insomnia one of the major benefits of calming blankets is their ability to reduce insomnia symptoms and increase the ability to enjoy adequate sleep.
Calming blankets and stress, anxiety and calming
In life, some stress and anxiety are required. Without SNS, we would never wake up from sleep due to the fear of getting late for work. However, when it comes to sleeping time, we always try as much as we can to get that much-needed sleep at night. So for you to get adequate sleep you need to ensure that you calm your nerves and let your mind cool down before you can sleep. The most common type of health issue is actually an anxiety disorder. If you are leading a hectic life you are likely to overwhelm your nervous system and trigger an onset of chronic anxiety and its symptoms.
By increasing the circulation of blood, slowing down the heart beat, stilling the body and relaxing you can not only force your body and system to relax but also calm your mind as well. Also called stress blankets calming blankets can be one of the best ways to restore the hormonal balance inside your body and make your systems function normally. By doing this you’ll ensure that you enjoy the best night’s sleep.
Calming blankets and autism
Also known as an autism spectrum disorder, autism is a condition that’s characterized by difficulty in social interactions, communication, and repetitive thoughts and behavior. Unfortunately, those who suffer from autism often get caught in the whirlwind of repetitive thoughts that keep their SNS in a very high alert.
This over-stimulation may result in increased anxiety, difficulty in concentration and trouble sleeping. Using calming blankets, is, therefore, a highly accepted therapy that autistic patients can always use to cool themselves. These weighted blankets have been used by therapists for decades now without any issue at all.
This is because they are some of the best tools out there for managing anxiety-related symptoms for those who are faced with conditions.
Weighted blankets and ADHD
Commonly known as Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD is a condition that affects millions of people around the world. As compared to other conditions it affects both children and adults as well. Those who are suffering from this condition may experience trouble doing any detailed work, focusing on their school work. These people may also lose their things and forget about many things in their lives.
The worst part is that they may struggle to get along with their peers. This condition is usually fueled by sensory overload. This means that those who are faced with this condition cannot process the number of stimuli that they encounter on a daily basis. This is why they may react in different ways. The calming effects of calming blankets may, therefore, help calm their nerves so they can concentrate on what they are doing a lot.
Those with ADH often find it helpful to wrap themselves inside a weighted blanket especially when transitioning from the times of physical activity to a quiet day at work. Using a calming blanket about 20 minutes before sleeping or homework time can greatly help those with this condition to transition easily and do what they are supposed to do.
Calming blankets and restless leg symptoms
Also known as Willis Ekbom disease, restless leg symptom is one of the worst conditions affecting millions of Americans out there. Those who are affected by this condition are usually faced with the persistent need to move their legs so they can relax. The symptoms of these conditions are usually more severe at night or during the inactivity of periods of rest.
Several Americans are suffering from this condition hence are looking for ways to minimize the symptoms. Thankfully one of the best ways to handle this is by using the best calming blankets. These blankets generally apply pressure evenly on the legs such that the legs feel as if they are being hugged so they can stay well.
The tactile input of these blankets can help calm the leg nerves that are constantly overreacting and wanting to move without stopping. The deep touch pressure that these blankets produce can also help to relax the muscles, improve the symptoms of this condition and calm the nerves for particularly at night.
Weighted blankets and depression
Depression and anxiety are conditions that generally accompany one another. As a matter of fact, depression is perhaps one of the most common health problems that take place in the US. Clinical depression is a complex issue that needs diagnosis. The treatment for this condition may include therapy, drugs or even a combination f the two.
There are some lifestyle changes that can promote a sense of well being. One of the physiological causes of depression is a lack of serotonin. Since serotonin is among the happy hormones in the body it works as a transmitter chemical that carries messages between the nerves including the feelings of overall happiness and well being.
Calming blankets can, therefore, be a great way to naturally promote serotonin production in the body and reduce the symptoms that may trigger depression in the system.
Calming blankets and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder refers to a condition that results from traumatic even in a person’s life. According to recent studies, PTSD affects around 85 of Americans. The symptoms of this condition normally manifest itself immediately a traumatic event occurs. This is a very bad condition that can really interfere with someone’s work, personal relationship and other daily activities that they engage in.
Thankfully by using calming blankets you can always get some relief and get back to normal. As a matter of fact, most therapists are nowadays prescribing weighted blankets as one of the best treatment options for this condition. With a good weighted blanket, you can reduce symptoms such as general anxiety, nightmare, insomnia, and anxiety. These blankets will, therefore, help these people feel safe and sleep more soundly.
How and when to use a calming blankets
According to a calming blankets review, there are several known benefits of using these blankets. According to research, you need to choose the best calming blankets for your needs if you want to reap maximum benefits from your actions. Without choosing the best you may not get all the benefits that you need.
Although there is no right or wrong way to use a weighted blanket, the applications generally depend on the needs of individuals and his tastes and preferences. Some of the suggested ways on how you can use weighted blanket include
• Bedtime. When its bedtime you need to place a calming blanket o top of your preferred bedding. You can also use this blanket to relax your body before turning off the lights. You also need to check whether you can easily move within the blanket before you start sleeping.
• Schoolwork or homework. Weighted blankets are suitable for calming the body during daily activities at home and in school. When an adult or a child is reading or trying to carry out a task, he needs to wrap himself in a good calming blanket especially if he wants to enjoy all the benefits that these blankets have. He may also rest the folded calming blanket on his lap to provide him with the calming effect that he needs.
• Traveling. Whether you are on the road or traveling on the air you can also use folded calming blanket as lap pad especially when you are those long road trips. The extra pressure and weight that these blankets produce will help you to reduce any stress that you may feel while traveling. This will ensure that you enjoy the most peaceful journey.
• Playtime. You can also use the weighted blankets to roll up your child around before letting him or her out to play. The good thing is that the blanket will ensure that they enjoy the pay as much as they can.
• Relaxing while watching TV. You can also use your calming blanket while watching TV or relaxing. Once you are sat on the couch you just need to wrap your legs with a blanket or lay down wrap your body and embark on reading a book. The extra weight that the blanket has will not only relieve you of stress but also have a calming effect on your body.
Check out today’s top 10 Best Calming Blankets deals below…
How to choose the Right Weighted Blanket
Weighted blankets are making a great difference in the way people sleep and providing them with the comfort that they need while sleeping. While people often ask how to choose the best blanket, according to calming blankets review there are a number of factors that you need to know so as to choose the best one. Here are some of the things that you should consider.
• Look for the ideal weight. The first guideline t choosing the right calming blanket is to ensure that the blanket is at least 10% of your body weight. In addition to this, you need to look for the kind of pressure that you are looking for so you can choose a blanket that can provide you with the pressure that you need.
• Look for the right temperature. One of the most common questions is whether the blanket will make you hot or not. There are a number of fabrics that you can always choose from if you are looking or the best-weighted blanket. In fact, most of these blankets are breathable hence will not make you hot.
• Go for the correct size. Weighted blankets come in a range of dimensions and sizes. Just like the weight of the blankets, the dimensions of these blankets are customizable hence should fit the individual who is sleeping underneath them. Instead of looking for a blanket that can fit your bed you need to choose one that can cover your body.
• Know how thick the blanket is. Since weighted blankets are full of weights they are generally thicker than the normal blankets that we use regularly. The type of weight and type of fabric used as filler is what sometimes makes the blanket thicker thin. You, therefore, need to consider this when shopping for the best-weighted blanket.
• Type of filer. Since there are a number of filers used inside the weighted blanket you need to look for one that you feel you are comfortable with. From glass to plastic filer there are a number of them that you can always choose.
• Cost. It’s also important to know about the cost of the blanket. What you need to know tough is that these blankets are a lot more expensive than the other blankets out there. As compared to the value of these blankets the cost of these blankets is actually less.
• What does the blanket come with? It’s also important to check whether your calming blanket will also come with other things such as cover, warranty, return policy among others. You need to choose a blanket that you are sure will provide you with several benefits.
Weighted blankets usually offer a number of benefits. With their popularity increasing at a high rate it’s important to first consider your needs. You must ask yourself whether it will provide you with what you are looking for. This way you can decide whether to get the blanket or not.
Check Out Our Other Products...
Tags: adult calming blanket, best calming blanket, best calming blankets, buy calming blanket, calming blanket, calming blanket for adults, calming blanket review, calming blanket reviews, calming blankets, calming blankets for adults, calming blankets review, calming blankets reviews, cheap calming blanket