Tag: anxiety compression blanket
Best Anxiety Heavy Blanket 2021
If you suffer from anxiety and stress know that you are not alone. According to studies, anxiety and stress disorders affect over 40 million adults in the US. That’s a very big number considering that the majority of these people also experience sleep problems such as insomnia. Although there are several remedies for anxiety one of the treatments that have been getting tons of attention is anxiety heavy blanket. click here.
Also known as gravity blankets, these blankets are stuffed with glass beads that produce grounding effect thus making them heavier than your other normal blankets. Those who use them claim that the additional weight can help you fall asleep and stay that way throughout the night.
It’s also believed that the sensation of sleeping under a heavy blanket releases happiness hormones that can significantly boost your sleep. These blankets are also suitable for children and adults who have certain disorders such as depression.
But will sleeping with some additional weight make any difference? Let’s explore this and find more about the anxiety weighted blanket.
How Do Anxiety Heavy Blanket Work?
Anxiety heavy blanket provides a sensation known as a grounding that applies some pressure to the body and pushes them further into the sleep surface. This grounding effect also triggers the release of the sleeping hormones that not only calms the nerves but also leads to a good night’s sleep.
The weight of the anxiety calming blanket is also very important for improving sleep quality and make you get adequate sleep every night. However, for them to work the way they are supposed these blankets need to be tailored to an individual user.
How Heavy Should an Anxiety Heavy Blanket Be?
For adults, the blankets themselves are so heavy. However, they should not so heavy that you’ll feel as if they are crushing you. These blankets are generally filled with small plastic or glass beads that let you feel as if they are warm hugs. Since glass beads are denser they are more popular than the plastic beads.
According to manufacturers, you need to choose an anxiety heavy blanket that’s around 10% the weight of your body. This means that if you weight around 100 pounds the anxiety heavy blanket should be 10 pounds. You should not, however, worry that it has to be exact.
It’s also important to avoid using oversized blankets. The blanket that you use should not hang off the side of your bed. Since these blankets are heavy in case they hang too much they can easily fall down while you are sleeping. A larger size may also spread the weight of blanket such that you won’t feel any pressure when using the blankets.
Even if you have a larger bed it’s important to look for an individual or twin-sized weighted blanket.
Benefits of Anxiety Compression Blanket
Anxiety heavy blankets may come with several benefits to the user. For instance, even the pressure that they exert normally imitates deep pressure touch stimulation. This pressure touch comes with soothing and calming effects for those who are experiencing anxiety. These blankets have several effects on the body including
• Mimicking a hug. Studies have shown that hug usually makes a person feel at ease even if they were at one of the most difficult situations. When people hug, the body normally releases hormone oxytocin that not only reduces blood pressure but also slows down the pumping of the heart and brings about the feeling of relaxation.
• Releasing serotonin. Research has shown that pressure put on the body in certain areas may trigger the release of chemicals such as serotonin that not only reduces stress but also improves the mood.
• Release of melatonin. This type of hormone help to promotes sleep and regulates the sleep circle. This hormone is also connected to the production of the hormone serotonin.
• Boost sleep. The pressure found in the anxiety heavy blanket always provides a comfortable environment that one needs to sleep. Theoretically, the blanket creates a feeling of being swaddled and gives you a feeling of safety and warmth. As a result of this, the body relaxes and the mind eases.
Other Ways That Weighted Blankets may help
According to anxiety weighted blankets reviews, these blankets were originally developed as a treatment for the conditions that are linked to anxiety. However, they may also be used to manage or reduce the symptoms of
• Sleep Disorders
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Nervous system disorder.
What is it Like to Sleep in an Anxiety Heavy Blanket?
Several people would love to know what it feels like to sleep inside a weighted blanket. Sleeping inside a weighted blanket is more or less like being held in gently hug. Weighted blankets usually apply a balanced pressure all over the body.
This will help you to keep still while sleeping and provides you with soothing sensation knowing that you are being held by something. By using good anxiety heavy blanket you’ll also get a chance to sleep more soundly with fewer restless awakenings.
Anxiety heavy blanket also comes with an interior lining that’s filled with an evenly distributed weight. Many of these blankets also come with different weights ranging from 4 to 5 pounds. According to studies, 12 pounds of evenly distributed weight is quite suitable for both relaxation and sleep.
How to use Anxiety Weighted Blankets the Best Way
The answer is to this is just the way you would use any other blanket out there. This is why you need one that’s heavy enough to provide you with the pressure you need but not so heavy that it feels uncomfortable or causes you to overheat in bed. Since these effects can be a bit counterproductive 12 pounds is the best weight if you are looking for a blanket that will provide you with relaxation, anxiety relief, and sleep.
If you find that you can sleep well with less clothing while using anxiety heavy blanket then the best thing is to go for it. It’s also advisable that you go ahead and shed some weight so that you let the blanket to keep you warm and swaddled while using it.
The last thing that you need to do is to avoid slacking off the rest of sleeping hygiene. An anxiety heavy blanket can always help you to relax, destress and relieve anxiety. It can also help you to fall asleep and sleep even better. However, it cannot provide you with everything that you need to sleep well. This is why it’s very important to know these basics.
• You need to stick to a consistent sleeping schedule with regular wake up and bedtimes.
• To avoid too much light exposure.
• To get regular exercise.
• To ensure that you manage your stress levels well
Anxiety Weighted blankets Therapy for Restless Sleepers
Over 50 % of the USA people claim that once in a while they experience sleeping issues, while 22 % experience sleeping difficulty every other night. Sleeping problems are a constantly occurring issue in American. This can be a result of various causes that might be very hard to pinpoint. Disease, stress, anxiety, and medications are likely to lead to sleeping issues or insomnia in adults as well as children
Anything can cause sleeping problems, and with one of every 2 Americans experiencing these problems, it would seem that a cure would be necessary. However, curing insomnia isn’t as simple as a vaccine or a pill. In fact, sleeping medication can cause rebound insomnia by disrupting your natural sleep architecture. It is for this reason that the weighted blanket has become a popular solution to sleeping troubles by any cause.
Anxiety heavy blankets are designed to apply a specific amount of pressure to the body so that it releases hormones that relax the body and relieve insomnia. The key hormones in this process are endorphins and serotonin. Endorphins help relieve anxiety and stress by calming the mind, relieving pain, and presenting a more positive frame of mind.
Serotonin has a similar effect and is known to assist with many other problems, including depression, OCD, and obesity. Furthermore, serotonin is naturally converted to melatonin by the body at night to help the body relax and fall asleep. These anxiety heavy blankets can be used to assist those with any sickness or disability sleep more sound.
They are known to assist kids suffering from mental disabilities, as well as adults who are undergoing menopause, tension and pain, and restless leg syndrome. Women undergoing menopause can find comfort in a weighted blanket after a stressful day or even during the day.
They retain the same effects if used simply draped over the legs or on the back, and is, therefore, useful though out the day, not just at night. The endorphins released by the use of a weighted blanket are a perfect solution for any sort of overexertion of the muscles that may cause pain or discomfort. By utilizing deep pressure touch stimulation, they can relax the muscles and relieve pain.
In addition, tension whether physical or mental is easily relieved the same way pain is relieved. As for leg syndrome, the weight works as a form of massage to apply pressure to the restless leg. The gentle pressure of a weighted blanket can instill the body with natural hormones to help induce rest and relaxation in a natural, healthy manner.
How to Take Care of Anxiety Heavy Blanket
Anxiety heavy blanket can be a great comfort to so many people. For instance, they can particularly be beneficial to autistic people and those who have anxiety. If you are looking for optimum comfort then the best thing to do is to ensure that they remain fresh and warm at all times.
Taking good care of your anxiety heavy blanket will enable you to keep enjoying the kind of comfort that your blanket provides. The most important part is to know the material it’s made of so you can wash it according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the fabric needs. Gently cleaning products and some cold water can ensure that you keep using them for long without any issue.
Preparing An Anxiety Heavy Blanket for Washing
Read the washing instructions. Your blanket may come with special instructions. The cleaning and washing instructions that come with the purchase and tags on the blanket may inform you whether there are any special washing instructions that your brand needs. If the blanket requires special care then your manufacturer will inform you about this.
Make sure you check the material of the blanket. Although gentle machine wash is advised for many blankets, this can be different based on the material the blanket is made of. More so, some blankets come with a removable outer layer that must be removed before they can be washed. This layer can always work as a duvet cover that covers the inside of the weighted blanket.
Inspect Your Anxiety Heavy Blanket Well
By doing this you’ll know whether there is any damage or stains that may require pre-treating before you can be able to wash the whole blanket. Treating the stains before washing will also prevent them from being baked in. if you want your blanket to remain in good condition the best thing to do is to treat the stains as soon as you spot them.
This will not only make it easier to clean them but will also prevent the stains from settling on the blanket. If the stain is a bit older then it’s important to treat it just the way an older stain is supposed to be treated. Treatment may also be different if the stain is from the body fluid, spill or other types of dirt.
Prepare Your anxiety Heavy Blanket for Rinsing
As soon as you spot the stain make sure you expose the place that has the stain and then hold it under running water. Whether the stain is wet or dry you need to do this since adding water will help loosen the fibers on the blanket and make it easy to remove the stain.
You also need to angle the stain away from you and downwards under the running water. This will prevent water and loosened dirt from running towards you. You also need to hold the rest of the blanket way from the faucet and closer to you. Because of the stain itself and the fabric of your blanket, it’s important to use cold water.
Treat Liquids with Spray Treatments
Protein-based or beverage stains such as bodily fluids can be are some of the most common spills on household items. For these stains, you need to use a spray that does not include harsh chemicals that can interfere with the soft material of the blanket.
Treat Grease Stains with Soap
If you drop anything oil-based or food on your anxiety heavy blanket then you need to use dish soap on the spot. You also need to avoid using anything harsh or with bleaching features. The best type of soap to use is none chlorinated dish soap water.
Once you have run the water over the stain, apply the dish soap to the area while targeting the site of the spot as much as you can. You can also use a soft brush or your fingers to rub the soap gently. If the grease is colorless it can be a bit hard to tell whether it has fully been removed or not. You, therefore, need to hold the stained section into the light so you can test whether it has gone or not. You also need to run your fingers so you can feel if there is any greasy residue there.
Rinse The Part That You’ve Treated
Once you are through with cleaning make sure you run old water over the dirt and cleaning agent so you can see how much of the stain is still left. However, in case the stain is still available, repeat the process with lightened applications the detergent or soap
Common Design Features of Anxiety Heavy Blanket
Most anxiety heavy blankets are filled with glass, plastic and steel beads that are heavily distributed to ensure that there is even weight distribution on the blankets. To avoid disrupting your sleep the beads are generally silent. However, some blankets forgo the beans and instead contain other weighted materials such as glass sand.
Additionally, these anxiety heavy blankets come with fabric padding to provide you with a layer of cushioning. These materials may include things such as cotton, polyester, chenille, fleece and other materials. Other weighted blankets are also designed with waterproof or water-resistant.
Most anxiety heavy blankets also come with a cover which may be sewn on or removed when washing. When they are sewn, you have the chance to wash all the blankets. The covers can be made with natural fibers such as wool and cotton and synthetic fibers such as rayon and polyester.
As compared to the synthetic materials weighted blankets made of wool and cotton are more breathable thus making them the best blankets to use. Other design characteristics of these blankets include
• Size. Anxiety heavy weighted blankets are not only longer but also wider as well. Most models also come in sizes that match some of the most common mattresses.
• Weight and weight distribution. The majority of anxiety heavy blankets weigh between 5 to 30 pounds. As mentioned before adults are usually more comfortable with weighted blankets that are 10% of their normal body weights. Because of these, most weighted blankets manufacturers normally provide a wide range of blankets weights. This means that the blankets are useful for most users regardless of their size.
• Cleaning. While most anxiety heavy blankets are machine washable, dry cleaning is recommended to ensure that they do not get damaged quickly.
These blankets can generally be bought from different companies. However, they can also be shopped for and bought online. While the blankets made by companies are a bit costly those sold by independent craftspeople are usually priced lower.
Check out today’s top 10 Best Anxiety Heavy Blanket deals below…
Important Considerations for Anxiety Heavy Blanket Shoppers
When looking for anxiety heavy blanket here are some of the most important considerations that you need to keep in mind.
• What is your weighted blanket budget? It’s important to keep in mind that weighted blankets come with different prices with most of them costing at least $100. So you need to know whether the blanket fits into your budget before committing to buying it.
• How much do you weigh? It’s also important to use your body weight to choose the most suitable anxiety heavy blanket for your use. Studies have found that most people feel comfortable while using blankets that are 105 of their weights. However, the best way to go about this is to ensure that you set different models out there so you can end up with the best one.
• Are you buying an anxiety heavy blanket for your child? Experts have opined that children usually feel comfortable when they use blankets that are at least 10% of their weights. However, you need to avoid using the anxiety heavy blankets on children who are 8 years and younger as they pose a health risk to these children.
• What is your preferred blanket size? While some sleepers prefer blankets with minimal coverage others usually enjoy wrapping themselves in wider and longer blankets. But you need to know the size of the anxiety heavy blanket is normally tied to the weight of the blanket. In order to find a blanket that weighs the right amount you need to
• Do you sleep warm? Many people sleep excessively warm due to the composition of the mattress that they are using or because of their own body temperature. Anxiety heavy blanket with covers made of natural fibers such as wool and cotton tend to be warmer as compared to other blankets.
• Does the anxiety heavy blanket come with a cover? It’s also important to check out the specs of the blanket so you can determine whether it comes with a cover or not
• What color do you prefer? While color preference is aesthetic it’s important to know the color of the blanket that you are looking for so you can end up with the best. This is because people have decors arrangements and tastes.
• Does the blanket come with a warranty? Companies that sell anxiety heavy blankets usually provide offer a trial period.