The Best Cotton Weighted Blanket 2021
You may have heard about the benefits of cotton weighted blankets but you still don’t know much about them. If you haven’t seen or owned one there are questions that you may be asking about these blankets and what exactly they are and what they do. click here.
What is a cotton heavy blanket?
Well, a cotton weighted blanket is pretty much the way it sounds. Weighted blankets made of cotton. However, you need to know that there is a lot to these blankets than just their weights. The weight of the blanket should, therefore, be specific o the person using the blanket.
Weighing anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds, the rule of the thump for choosing weighted blankets is usually to ensure that the blanket is around 10 percent the weight of someone’s body. This means for a 100 pounds adult the weight of the blanket needs to be 10 pounds. The size of the blanket should also change with the weight. This means as the weight of a person increases so is the size of the blanket.
Why get a cotton weighted blanket?
There are several companies that are trying to sell you pillows, mattresses, and other beddings sets. The latest product to hit the shelf of these companies is the weighted blankets. But what exactly are these blankets?
As compared to other blankets and duvet, weighted blankets are filled with materials such as beads, pellets, discs, polyfill. These cotton materials weigh on someone’s body thus developing a feeling of being hugged. Due to that sleepers may feel more weighted and relaxed. The touch pressure provided by the blanket is supposed to make certain that you feel relaxed, feel safe, comfortable.
Although this technology was first used to support adults and children faced with anxiety and other mental issues. The cotton weighted blankets for adults have now gone maintain stream to become one of the best blankets out there.
How do cotton weighted blankets work
These blankets are typically made of glass and plastic beads sewn within squares inside their linings. Since these pellets add some bulk to the blankets it means that they have an increased weight. The way these blankets have been designed is to ensure that their weights are evenly distributed throughout the blankets. Because of this, they can significantly help to ease anxiety, pain, stress, and sensory issues, insomnia, and restlessness.
Another study examined the effects of sensory room rooms in children who are faced with a disability. According to researchers, the use of cotton weighed blankets, similarly another weighted who.
What does it feel like to have cotton weighted blankets for adults
For many sleeping inside cotton weighted blanket feels like a warm soothing hug that can easily make you sleep. Bearing in mind that therapists and have been using these blankets for years it means that these are some of the best blankets out there. So if your teen or child is suffering from sleep issues, anxiety, sensory issues, and chronic illness these are some of the best blankets to buy them.
If you are planning to buy one of cotton weighted blanket you must ensure that you buy the correct weight so you don’t affect the child. If the cotton weighted blanket is too heavy for the child it might end up affecting him a great deal. You also need to consult with your physician to ensure that you purchase the best one.
Benefits of cotton weighted blankets
There is nothing as good as curling in front of the TV with your best-weighed blanket on top of your body. According to many people, this feeling usually seems as if someone is hugging you. For many people, the pressure produced by cotton weighted blankets can be described as one of the best soothing sensations thus making them the best blankets out there.
Why cotton weighted blankets are increasingly becoming popular
Weighted blankets become the in thing in 2018 with most people looking for the ones made of cotton which have a cooling effect. For a long time now most people have been using the technique of deep touch pressure to treat several conditions that they may be facing. There have even been studies showing how this pressure can be effective and can help in treating sleeplessness and stress.
However, you don’t have to suffer from lack of sleep to enjoy the benefits that these blankets bring about. Several people are using these blankets so they can enjoy deeper sleep. This means that their mental well being and productivity can be boosted by these blankets thus making them some of the best products out there.
When making cotton weighted blankets, manufacturers have gone extra ahead to ensure these blankets are beneficial to those who are feeling quite a bit of stress on their life. A compared to other weighted blankets the good thing about cotton weighted blankets is that they come with soothing effect.
What do cotton weighted blankets owe their blankets
The benefits of cotton weighted blankets usually come from something known as deep pressure touch. To know how this technique works you need to understand how the body works. Basically our minds are constantly sending questions to our bodies while looking for feedback. When we use a cotton blanket that’s weighted it provides some input that thus answering these questions and allowing our brains to relax the way they are supposed to. According to published research
• 33 percent of those who use cotton weighted blankets experienced a decrease in the nervous system overactivity.
• 63 percent of these people had lower stress.
• 78 percent preferred using these blankets as a tool that helps relieve them of stress that may occur in their bodies.
The practice of using these blankets is also according to some leading to increase serotonin which a chemical that’s meant to make users happy. However, due to the fact that this effect is hard to measure we cannot confirm with certainty whether it works or not.
Reap the benefits of cotton weighted blankets with the calming blankets
Since you’ll be spending money on these blankets the best thing to do is to ensure that you choose the best blankets. Take your time and make sure that the blanket can provide you with everything that you need. This way you’ll not suffer. Here are some of the main benefits that you can reap from weighted blankets
• Reduced stress. Regardless of who you are no one is immune to stress. There is a number of ways of dealing with stress which is also unhealthy for use. Even everything things and happening can significantly affect our emotional well being and make us feel stressed. Things such as bad relationships, finally the pressure and other issues can easily cause us stress. Before looking for any medication sleeping under cotton weighted blanket is a very good way to start.
• It helps the elderly. Weighted blankets can assist in a number of ways. As people age they are likely to you may have realized that most elderly people tend to stay awake for a long time and just sleep in bits. Thankfully, when they sleep under cotton weighted blankets they can enjoy their sleep because of the calmness that these blankets bring about. In addition, good sleeping improves the standard of living so that at the end of the day they end up feeling happy and stable.
• Reduction of anxiety. All over the world, over 40% of people live with anxiety. The worst part is that anxiety is one of the conditions that one faces in this world. Although many people manage these symptoms with the medications that they use, using cotton weighted blankets is also one of the best and the most viable option. In fact, according to studies using a weighted blanket from anxiety can significantly help these people.
• Weighted blankets help to balance brain chemistry. Using cotton weighted blankets can also have a significant effect on and increase the production of serotonin in your brain. This can significantly help you feel relaxed so you can enjoy your sleep and wake up when you are feeling energized and relaxed. The change in bran chemical will, therefore, lead to more relaxation, less stress and a good night’s sleep that these people can significantly enjoy.
• Help to manage OCD. OCD generally refers to obsessive-compulsive disorder. This means that in every 4 adults one of them usually has trouble managing obsessive thoughts, persistent thoughts, and bad feelings. This can make it hard to fall and stay asleep. Although OCD looks a bit different for everything it shares some common symptoms the release of certain brain chemicals cab, therefore, help these people to start feeling less stress and be in a position to manage these with general ease. This makes these blankets some of the best out there.
Your cotton weighted blankets checklist
If you are still curious about cotton weighted blankets but you are not yet committed to whether you want to but these blankets or not, here is a checklist that can help you. If you can answer yes to most of these questions then you need cotton weighted blankets to help you handle them in the best way.
• Do you feel anxious at night? There are several people who lay awake at night and count sheep or build houses. Stress, medication and daily habits cold all lead to turning and tossing among these people. This way you may wake up feeling as you haven’t even slept. Thankfully wt the cotton weighted blankets you can significantly overcome this.
• Do you have general restlessness when you sleep? Insomnia can generally be caused by a number of things. When you just see some signs of insomnia then the best thing to do is to look for cotton weighted blankets. This way you’ll handle these symptoms with no issue.
• Do you prefer natural self-soothing methods? Some people try to avoid taking medications that allow them to sleep. If you are one of them or if you are intending to avoid a pill then the best thing to do is to choose a good cotton weighted blanket to assist you with your sleep.
• Does your partner also require a weighted blanket? If you are both turning and tossing on the bed then it means that even your partner needs a good weighted blanket. It’s not fun for both of you to suffer from insomnia. If you buy a big bed you can both look for a good weighted blanket that will ensure you sleep well.
Are weighted blankets worth it? If you could answer yes to some of these questions then it means you need to get the best cotton weighted blanket.
Weighted blankets-which is better cotton or polyester fabric?
Just like other products out there weighted blankets are no longer unknown products. The heavyweight of these blankets helps to release hormones that not only alleviate stress but also prevent insomnia and many other psychological disorders that might come about.
When looking for the best cotton weighted blankets your focus should always be on the weight of the blanket. Apart from the weight you also need to consider the comfort of the blanket. If you have ever shopped for blankets before then you understand that there are fabrics that you need to consider for you to end up with the best ones. Thee fabrics include cotton, polyester, linen, silk, and fleece. But how do cotton and polyester weighted blankets compare Here is their 7 point comparison index.
Fabric selection is one of the most important steps to take when looking for best-weighted blankets. You need to be sure about the comfort and the durability of the fabric that you choose to end up with the best-weighted blankets for your needs. The idea is to look at the pros and cons and then choose the one that has more pros and fewer cons. Here are the things that you should consider when choosing between cotton and polyester.
Comfort is not only an obvious but also a very important parameter when looking for the best-weighted blanket. Because of its soft feel cotton is usually regarded highly since it’s preferred choice for most beddings even some blankets are made using it. Made from a cotton plant, cotton is not only breathable but also highly absorbent. This fabric also feels soft against your skin, regulates your body temperature and also feels very light thus making it one of the best.
Made of synthetic materials polyester is also another material use for making weighted blankets. Although it feels soft and smooth on the skin it’s not as absorbent as cotton this material can also leave you feeling hot and sweaty. However, if added heat is not your concern then these blankets can feel quite good.
Temperature regulation property
This is also a very important consideration when shopping for the best blanket to buy. You need to ask yourself whether you are staying in a tropical place and whether the temperature in those places is hot or not. The way you answer these questions can make you decide whether to buy cotton or polyester weighted blankets.
Cotton material not only reflects heat but also absorbs moisture quite well. This will ensure that the temperature remains stable when using cotton. Simply put using cotton weighted blankets will ensure that your skin breathes well and yo are not faced with any issue at all. This works well for those who are staying in hotter places and even children who have a tendency to feel hot. If you get a 100% cotton fabric you’ll ensure that you remain comfortable throughout the night.
As compared to cotton-polyester works in completely opposite manner. For instance, as compared to cotton it’s anon breathable and nonabsorbent. This means that it will ensure that the heat remains trapped inside the blanket. This is, therefore, an only good choice for those who are living in hit places.
Since cotton is a natural fiber it’s less likely to affect your skin. T feels supple and soft on your skin and make you feel cool while using it. Since it’s a non-allergenic material it’s the most preferred fabric for washcloths and infant garments. When you are looking for safety coupled with comfort then it’s the most preferred fabric.
Just like all the synthetic things polyester also has its own advantages and disadvantages. It does not absorb water and it’s not breathable. This can significantly aggravate your skin problems and make them become worse. If you have children with sensory disorders other conditions then you need to steer clear from this material.
Cotton is also an all-natural and highly absorbent material. This makes it quite prone to staining ad shrinking. Excessive exposure of cotton to moisture or sunlight can significantly reduce its lifespan. If you are long for strong material then you need to choose polyester. Made with highly resilient material polyester can go through a lot of wear and tear without being affected.
It’s also one of the easiest to maintain materials hence you don’t have to worry about taking care of it.
There are several customizations and designs available for both polyester and cotton with that said you can always choose the color that you are looking for so you end up with the best. At the start cotton produces very bright colors. When dyed. However cotton sheen is likely to dimish after a while. With polyester fading is not a big problem. However, there are users who just love cotton since it just quality material.
Organic cotton is not only smooth but also hypoallergenic and can help ensure that the temperature of the body is regulated. With such benefits, the cost of the cotton tends to a bit high as compared to other materials out there. Although 100% of organic cotton is very expensive you can find a mixture of cotton and other materials that is quite affordable. You, therefore, need to choose these ones if you are looking or the best material.
Just like cotton polyester also has several varieties that you can choose from. This includes Minky fabric variety which tends to be the most popular form of polyester. If you are on a budget then a conventional form of cotton blanket might turn out to be cost-effective and provides you with several other benefits that pure cotton provides thus making them some of the best.
Whether you choose polyester or cotton the real benefit of a weighted blanket lies on its weight and the way that weight has been distributed throughout the fabric. For kids who are suffering from sensory processing disorder, it’s good to get the pure organic cotton. This is important especially if you want them to experience all the benefits. In terms of available since both cotton and polyester are widely used getting them should not be an issue.
Check out today’s top 10 Best Best Cotton Weighted Blanket deals below…
How to Choose the Best Cotton Weighted Blankets
When you are searching for cotton weighted blankets, there is a number of tips that you need to be keen on so you can end up with the best. Since not all cotton weighted blankets suits all people make sure you are careful so you can choose the best one.
• Choose a high-quality blanket. When looking for the best cotton weighted blanket makes sure you choose one made of premium materials. Since there are several manufacturers in the market, not all blankets are equal.
• Warranty. Weighted blankets are perhaps some of the most expensive blankets in the market. You, therefore, need to choose a manufacturer or seller that will provide you with a decent warranty so that in case of anything you can return the product to them. The last thing you want is to feel unsure even as you use your weighted blanket.
• How to clean. It’s also important to know how you’ll clean your cotton weighted blanket. Make sure you choose the material of blanket that is quite easy to clean and that will not bring you any issues.
• Price. Since these blankets can be a bit expensive make sure you only choose what you can afford.
• Whom you are buying the blanket for. You also need to know who you are buying the blanket. The worst thing is to buy an adult a weighted blanket that’s meant for the kids.