The Best Cheap Weighted Blankets for Adults 2021
If you’ve recently heard the buzz about around weighted blankets are you are willing to test them out and see whether they work or not, you don’t have to spend a lot of money. This is because there are the best cheap weighted blankets for adults that you can always start with. click here.
Research is actually on full support that weighted blankets work hence can help one with anxiety and sleep issues that one may be facing. According to recent studies published in the Journal of Sleep Medicine Disorders, the best-weighted blankets can significantly improve sleep and insomnia. In addition to this, research published in the academic journal Occupational Therapy in Mental Health has shown that these blankets can significantly reduce anxiety.
Benefits Of Cheap Weighted Blankets For Adults
In recent years weighted blankets have gained a lot of popularity. This is because of the host of benefits that these blankets have. Whether you choose the cheap or the expensive ones these blankets will still work in almost the same way as long as they have the qualities that blankets should have. Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy by using cheap weighted blankets for adults.
• Reduces stress. Did you know that there is no one who’s e immune to stress? On a positive note, you don’t have to suffer from these conditions since there is a number of things that you can always do to control stress. One of the ways of dealing with stress is using the best cheap weighted blanket. This type of blanket will ensure that you relax and feel calm after a long day at work.
• It helps the elderly. If there is one thing that these blankets do then it’s helping the elderly. As one age he is more likely to suffer from insomnia. Lack of adequate sleep can end up leading to a number of conditions that can affect you. If you sleep well you’ll not only wake up feeling more relaxed but you’ll also enjoy what you are doing more.
• Reduces anxiety. It’s believed that around 40 million people all over the world normally deal with some form of anxiety. Although many people manage these symptoms through meditation medication and other means, a weighted blanket is also one of the best drug-free options that can significantly help you manage this.
• Helps to balance brain chemistry. The best-weighted blanket for adults can also help you to balance your brain chemistry and ensure that you feel better regardless of the condition that you are in. the therapeutic effects of deep pressure can help decrease the levels of stress hormones and increase the neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin. This change in the composition of the brain will lead to more relaxation; less stress and boost your night’s sleep.
• Helps manage OCD. Those who are faced with obsessive-compulsive disorder often have a lot of trouble managing persistent thoughts and behaviors. This can make it difficult to fall and stay asleep. Thankfully the release of serotonin and melatonin that deep pressure stimulation provides can help those suffering from these conditions cope more.
• Boost overall sleep quality. It’s obvious that there is none who has never experienced turning and tossing all night. These things happen to almost all of us. Luckily a good weighted blanket can provide you with calming pressure that will ensure that you enjoy a good night’s sleep. If you are struggling with experiencing a good night’s sleep then what you need is enough sleep.
• Sharpens Your Focus for ADHD. Adults and children who suffer from ADHD can feel restless and demonstrate a lack of impulse control and focus. These are some of the ADHD most distinctive symptoms. But with deep pressure provided by cheap weighted blankets for adults, you can always create a soothing and calming effect.
• It helps with the symptoms of PTDS. Post-traumatic stress disorder is also a condition that affects anyone who suffers through traumatic experiences, nightmares and crippling anxiety. Researchers have recently noted that using the best-weighted blanket may lower blood pressure and reduce pulse rates.
• Eases symptoms of depression. The best cheap weighted blankets for adults can always recreate the feeling of getting warm and feeling hugged. Just like kids feel well when they are hugged and, rocked and swaddled this is the same feeling that you can enjoy if you use the best-weighed blankets.
Why weighted Blankets Work
Cheap weighted blankets for adults will always channel the scientific principles of deep touch pressure and pressure stimulation. By gently applying this pressure on your body they will encourage the release of melatonin and serotonin that will significantly help you feel well. Basically, if you sleep underweighted blanket you’ll feel more or less as of someone is hugging you. This will lead to a comforting and peaceful feeling that’s related to dopamine and serotonin.
Serotonin refers to brain symptom that promotes relaxation in an individual. This special chemical is usually in short supply among those who suffer from anxiety, sensory disorders, autism, and depression. And even bipolar conditions.
Research has shown that this kind of stimulation can significantly help both adults and children who have sensor disorders, attention difficulties, autism, and anxiety. It’s a drug-free and viable way to increase both dopamine and serotonin for a relaxing and an overall calming effect. You don’t need to have the condition so enjoy the benefits that these blankets have. Although they may be considered a fad a few years ago thee blankets have increasingly become some of the best therapies. With more and more people searching or drug-free alternatives the demand for the best cheap weighted blankets for adults have continued to rise in the recent past.
Whether it’s a tough day at work, horrible traffic or just feeling pesky, these blankets can greatly help you. With the best cheap weighted blankets for adults, you’ll soon be enjoying your best nights sleep and prepare yourself for anything that life may bring your way.
FAQs About cheap weighted blankets for adults
There are a lot of questions that normally arise about cheap weighted blankets for adults. Here are some of the most common questions that most people have about weighted blankets.
How heavy should cheap weighted blankets be?
One guideline that you need to follow when searching for the best-weighted blanket is that it should be around 10% of your overall weight. However, choosing one generally depends on your tastes and preferences. If you are looking for one for a medical issue you need to consult your doctor first before choosing one. This way you’ll always end up with the best.
How large should a weighted blanket be?
Since cheap weighted blankets are used by most people they need to be around 40 by 70 inches. They should be able to cover the size of a twin bed. The good thing is that as long as the blanket can cover your body you are just god to go.
How does a weighted blank work?
Weighted blanked normally work just like a deep tissue massage. The weight of the blanket stimulated the production of serotonin in the body. Serotonin refers to a neurotransmitter that normally communicates to your body that all around is good. Some of that serotonin changes to melatonin that helps triggers the body to relax so you can enjoy a good night’s sleep without any issue.
What is the best cheap weighted blanket used for?
Weighted blankets refer to great tools that are used to take care of anxiety and restless leg syndrome. These blankets also help those who are faced with insomnia to get sleep fast. Those who use weighted blankets have confirmed that they can always sleep without any nightmares or tossing and turning around.
Are weighted blankets dryer and washer safe?
When buying something that you need to avoid is a product that requires special care and that’s difficult to handle. The good thing is that most weighted blankets are quite easy to take care of. The instructions will always tell you whether the blankets are washer and dryer safe.
Can weighted blankets help with sleep?
Yes, it’s true that cheap weighted blankets for adults can significantly help with sleep. These blankets work in such a way that they create a feeling of being swaddled like a baby. This comforting feeling can greatly help anyone who experiences sleeping issues so they can sleep well.
How do weighted blankets help those who suffer from autism?
Those with autism often suffer from poor perception. So when these people lie to sleep at night they normally feel as if they are floating. This means that they don’t even know where they are at that particular time. Thankfully weighted blankets can significantly help to ground them so they can enjoy their sleep.
How weighted blankets do assist with anxiety?
These blankets normally work like deep tissue massage. They also have a comforting feeling that normally leads to anxiety
What are weighted blankets made of?
Weighted blankets are generally made of a number of materials including fleece, cotton, Minky among others. The type of materials that you choose generally depends on your needs and your budget. For instance, if you are looking for a blanket that can make your body warm then you need to choose fleece blanket.
What are some of the things that you should look for when searching for weighted blanket?
When looking for the best weighted blanket some of the things that you need to consider includes the fabric, size, cost among others. Another factor that you should not ignore is an even distribution of weight. If you allow the beads to move all over the blanket they might end up settling on only one side of the blanket.
How do you wash a weighted blanket?
You just need to throw your weighted blankets inside a washer and then wash it. You can also wash it separately inside cool or warm water. To prevent the washing machine from getting off-balance you need to throw in a couple of towels.
Are weighted blankets hot?
Most customers ask this question a lot. Well whether the blanket is hot or cold generally depends on the material that has been used to make the blanket.
Are weighted blankets safe for toddlers?
If you want to know whether weighted blankets are good for toddlers the best people to ask this question are the occupational therapists.
Are weighted blankets suitable for depression?
Since they help produce serotonin weighted blankets can significantly help with depression. If you are suffering from depression the best nonmedical means to use are the weighted blankets.
Where can I buy weighted blankets?
From supermarkets to physical stores online to other markets there are several places where you can purchase your cheap weighted blankets and use.
How to Wash your Weighted Blanket
If there is something that comes with several benefits then its weighted blankets. Although they can significantly improve one’s lifestyle, it does not mean that you cannot avoid washing blankets for adults. Generally, weighted blankets that are covered with a duvet or used on top of the sheet should be washed at least four times a year. However, if the blanket is normally used directly on the body it should be washed as frequently as possible.
Since most cheap weighted blankets are used every day it’s just in order is they are washed periodically. Since these blankets are designed differently they require different care. Some of the fillers they are made of include glass beads, poly-pellets, and even rice. The type of filers used on the blankets will also determine the way the blankets are supposed to be cleaned. To extend the life of the weighted blankets and preserve the quality of the blankets these blankets should be treated with utmost care.
Washing cheap weighted blankets for adults
When washing a weighted blanket inside the washing room you need to ensure that you clean it alone inside cool water. If a washing machine can hold a kind sized comforter then it can typically be used to wash a blanket has 20 pounds in weight.
However, if you feel that your washing machine cannot accommodate the blanket the best thing to do is to use a commercial washing machine is bigger. You also need to ensure that you just use a mild and gentle detergent to wash the blanket so you don’t damage the fabric. You can even consider making an all-natural detergent at home and use some to wash the blanket.
You also need to take care when drying your weighted blanket. If you are looking for the best results it’s advisable to dry the blanket naturally on the clothing line. Many of these blankets are also made in such a way that they can withstand most dryers without melting the fillers. However, if you are looking to extend the life of the dryer hand drying it is the best.
Air-dry the blanket
If you want to keep your cheap weighted blanket in good shape then you need to take a lot of precautions while drying it. When drying it on a line ensure that it hangs evenly so the weight is distributed in a balanced way. If the weight is not balanced it might end up losing shape so you must be careful about this. You may also consider drape drying the blanket.
Most household washers are also fitted with cycles that can adequately squeeze all the water from the blanket before drying. Sometimes bulky heavy materials such as weighted blankets may need an extra ride of spin in the spinning cycle so as to remove as much water as possible. If you upon removing the blanket from the machine you feel that it’s a bit heavy then it means that the blanket may be too wet to be put inside dryer.
Visit the commercial Washer
If you are sure that your weighted blanket is above 25 pounds then you should not use your house washing machine. The best thing to do is to take it to the commercial washer. If you are staying near a commercial washer you may consider using duvet cover on the blanket so you can reduce the amount of dirt that reaches the blanket.
A duvet will make the washing and drying of the blanket a lot easier. You just need to remove the cover and then toss it inside a washing machine while following the manufacturer’s instructions. Even with the duvet cover, you’ll still need to wash your blanket once in awhile. You also need to try airing your blanket out on a sunny day where the UV rays and fresh air can natural clean it.
However, sometimes if there is a spill of if bodily fluid makes contact with the blanket then the blanket may need to be washed. In that case, you need to follow all the instructions so you can wash it the way you are supposed to.
Things that You Need To Avoid
When washing your cheap weighted blankets for adults you need to only use kid launder detergent so you don’t end up destroying the blanket. Depending on the material that the blanket has been made of some fabric softeners can accumulate inside the weighted materials and make the fillers feel stiff or scratchy. This is certainly not the required result of fabric softeners.
When it comes bleach you should avoid using chlorine since even if diluter it will still cause the fabric to break. This will not only destroy but also shorten its lifespan. Bleach and fabric softener can also seriously interfere with the fillers that have been used on the blanket thus causing them to clump together or break. You just need to know that cheap weighted blankets are special hence require a unique type of washing for them to remain in good shape for long.
Finally, you need to avoid ironing your weighted blankets. Even if you prefer to keep things clean do not think that weighted blankets are the same as your sheets. You should resist these temptations even when the instruction says that the fabric is iron safe. Although glass beads may not be destroyed maneuvering your iron box while ironing the blanket may be a little bit hard. However, duvet ironing may be permissible based on the material that has been used to make it.
As or washing its important to follow the instructions that have been put so you know how to go about this.
Check out today’s top 10 Best Cheap Weighted Blankets for Adults deals below…
Choosing the best Cheap Weighted Blanket
• Weight. This is perhaps the most important step when looking for the best cheap weighted blanket. Always make sure the blanket is around 10% of your weight. You also need to know the kind of pressure that you are looking for so you can choose the best blanket for your needs.
• Choose the ideal temperature. One of the most common questions that many users is whether the blanket will be hot for them or not. Make sure you choose a weighted blanket that is nether too neither hot nor too cold but rather one that will provide you with the most suitable temperature.
• Fabric. Depending on your tastes and preference it’s important to choose a weighted blanket that you feel will suit you well.
• Size. It’s also important to go for a weighted blanket that fits the width and length of your body. As compared to a comforter this blanket should not hang on the sides of the bed. If it does it may easily slide off during the night because of the weight of fillers.
• Care options. Before you buy your cheap weighted blanket for adults you also need to check the washing instruction to ensure that you are buying something that you can maintain. The worst thing is to buy a weighted blanket only to realize that you cannot take good care of it.
• Style. Since weighted blankets are available in many colors and shapes it’s important to choose the style that you like. Remember, it’s something that you intend to use inside your bathroom. Make sure you choose a pattern or color that suits you in the best way possible.