The Best weighted blankets 2021
If you normally spend a lot of time turning and tossing on your bed instead of sleeping, then it might be high time you tried weighted blankets. While these therapeutic and cozy blankets may feel like normal blankets they are not only filled with lightweight cotton and feathers but also stuffed with either glass or plastic beads. click here.
The constant pressure that these blankets produce will provide you with a calming effect that you cannot find in any other comforter. Sometimes we just need a hug and when that is not forthcoming there is the weighted blanket. Since people’s tastes and preferences are different it’s quite hard to say which blanket is the best.
Previously designed as therapeutic tools for those who are faced with anxiety, autism, sensory disorders and post-traumatic stress according to best weighted blankets reviews, weighted blankets are increasingly gracing the bedrooms and couches of those who simply like the feel of them.
Scientific Proof That the Best Weighted Blankets Work
The best-weighted blankets have been for a long time recommended by occupational therapists as the best tools for deep pressure stimulation. Deep pressure such as massage has also been proven to reduce stress-causing hormone and increase dopamine and serotonin that promotes relaxation and leads to better sleep.
Despite weighted blankets rising in popularity, there are some people who still feel that they are not working the way they are supposed to. But the bottom line is that when used well they can produce some of the best benefits.
Should You Buy a Weighted Blanket?
If you or your kid normally experience ADHD, general anxiety or insomnia then it’s been proven that weighted blankets can help you a great deal. However, even if you are healthy you can still enjoy the benefits that weighted blankets produce. As a matter of fact, many adults are just enjoying the secure feeling that weight5ed blankets produce to reduce turning and tossing during the night.
Even if you are the type person who falls asleep as soon as you hit the bed you still need a weighted blanket to ensure that you remain sleep for long.
Benefits of the Best Weighted Blankets That You Need To Know
• Weighted blankets can help break insomnia and anxiety syndrome. Weighed blankets generally works by pressing your body down. This process can be very beneficial since studies have shown that it may help reduce the nightmare effects during sleeping.
• Weighted blankets can help calm you down. If you often settle down at night only to feel that your brain is still bussing and your body is not comfortable, then using the best-weighted blanket may be the perfect solution for you. These blankets have been known to reduce the nervous system activity. According to studies if you use a 30-pound weighted blanket, you are likely to have fewer nervous systems.
• Weighted blankets can boost the quality of your sleep. Everyone who has ever struggled with insomnia knows that they always get asleep as soon as they hit the bed but wake up only a couple of minutes later. Well getting the best-weighted blanket can significantly help to solve this and ensure that these people sleep well. With the size of the weighted blanket, there is a significant increase in sleep bout.
• These blankets are for more than anxiety. Although a lot on this list has focused on dealing with insomnia and reducing anxiety, weighted blankets can also be used by people to help them cope with the effects of conditions such as bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. These blankets can also significantly help children and adults who experience autism since they can mimic the effects of being hugged.
• Weighted blankets can help one to boost focus. Some studies have found that using best-weighted blankets can greatly help you improve your focus. People especially the ones with attention difficulties such as ADHD and ADD can significantly improve their focus by using weighted tools such as a blanket or vest.
• These blankets are non-medicinal. If you are faced with a mental disorder you may have to discuss the condition with your doctor. But since weighed blankets are non-medicinal you don’t have to go through this process of meeting your doctors since you just need to get into the shop and buy one.
Weighted Blankets Types and Their Uses
Weighted blankets refer to blankets made with fillings that make them filing heavy these blankets are not only some of the most, important blankets worldwide but also a must-have for both adults and kids. Usually, these blankets are draped around you while you sleep.
Overall these blankets have a positive effect on an individual’s mental, physical and emotional well being of a person. Best-weighted blankets promote relaxation and heavy sleep in kids and adults.
The need for Weighted Blankets
Since the increases of several disorders weighted blankets have become a very important necessity. Some of the disorders that they take care of include autism spectrum disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and insomnia and anxiety disorders.
While some people use controversial treatments to take care of these sometimes these are not the best. Choosing the nonmedical methods for treating these disorders can, therefore, work much better with weighted blankets. Research has, therefore, shown has weighted blankets can greatly help in lowering stress levels, reducing anxiety, calms the soul and body and also improve the sleep of disorders.
The Availability of the Best Weighted Blankets
From mass-produced to custom designs weighted blankets are usually available in a wide range. For instance
Some of them are specifically designed for kids while some have been made while taking adults into consideration.
These blankets can be made based on the needs of an individual or according to their preferences and tastes.
There are several choices of weighted blankets with the kind size and queen sizes among the many sizes on the market.
When buying the best-weighted blanket factors such as the weight, blanket size and the type of blanket are usually taken into consideration.
The weighted blankets for individuals usually vary in weights, designs, and appearance.
Types of weighted blankets Depending on Different of Purpose
The best-weighted blankets are used by individuals or different reasons. The size and the weight of the blankets usually differ depending on individual needs. The soft pressure produced by the blankets is equivalent to being hugged. The sensations that these blankets cause have a good impact on a person’s feelings and mood. This is why these blankets are gaining popularity as the best tool for combating anxiety and other sensory disorders. Here are the types of weighted blankets based on how they are being used.
Weighted Blankets for Sleep
As compared to the regular blankets, weighted blankets for sleep are better and more comfortable. Since these blankets are known to boost sleep behavior, they can help one increase his sleeping time. According to studies the use of weighted blankets helps in the production of serotonin in the body thus helping in the release of melatonin. In a nutshell, weighted blankets for sleep will help you to achieve a much better sleeping schedule that you’ll love.
Weighted Blankets for Adults
There is a lot of research evidence backing the importance of weighted blankets for adults. When it comes to perturbed sleep, anxiety, stress, and other sensory disorders adults are the most affected. This may be attributed to unhealthy relationships and maximum exposure to work pressure. The weighted blankets for adults are, therefore, very important to one’s mental and physical well being. Since they provide calming effect an adult can use them to cope up with the anxiety and stress of daily life.
Stress Weighted Blanket
These blankets are the best choice for those who are dealing with stress in their daily lives. Nowadays, stress is just part and parcel of human life. With so much in life, stress and job pressure at the end can make one feel exhausted. This can become worse especially when one cannot get adequate sleep.
Stress can also build up quickly and turn to depression. This is especially when one realizes that’s it’s a bit difficult to cope with personal and other everyday relationships. To minimize the constant tossing and turning while one is trying to get asleep it’s important to look for weighted blankets for stress. The stress blankets will provide you with a calming effect that will feel as if you are being hugged. More so, the mild compression caused by these blankets will make it harder for you to turn and toss while you are sleeping.
Weighted Blankets for Autism
Autism is a very complex disorder that covers a range of disorders. Autism can always affect an individual differently, for instance, autistic children are likely to face problems interacting show cognitive development issues and lack social skills. Since autism can be very challenging a lot of care needs to be given by the caregivers. Thankfully, the autism weighted blanket will provide one with a very peaceful state of mind.
Types of the Best Weighted Blankets On the Basis of the Material Used
The best-weighted blankets are usually manufactured from different materials such as cotton, chenille, Minky, and fleece. The magic weighted blankets are made of hypoallergenic and non-toxic materials. This is perhaps something that sets most weighed blankets apart Here are the different fabrics that have been used to make weighted blankets.
Minky weighted blankets
These weighted blankets have been made up of cuddly and soft plush Minky materials. As compared to other fabric Minky fabric is made of shorter fiber thereby giving them a silky and soft touch. If you intend to have colder body temperature then these blankets are perhaps the best for you. Even those who are living in a cold climate the Milky weighted blankets are the best one for them to use.
Chenille Weighted Blankets
These weighted blankets are made up of chenille which is fluffy fabric. These weighted blankets are, therefore, believed to be the world’s softest blankets. Since these blankets are ultra-soft it means that they are the most comfortable blankets that you need to get for sleep.
Cotton Magic Weighted blankets
These blankets fabrics are considered to be some of the best-weighted blankets since they are suitable for all. Since they’ve been made using 100% cotton when the temperature is cool the cotton blankets will not be hot. These blankets will help to cool body heat especially when the person is sleeping. They are, therefore best for adults and children suffering from sensory issues.
Fleece Magic Weighted Blanket
If you are looking for deep pressure day and night then a fleece magic weighted blanket is probably the best option. Using these blankets is a very effective natural treatment for those who are suffering from sensory disorders and autism. More so, these blankets have been manufactured using luxurious fleece fabric which has high durability and soft as well thus making them some of the best blankets in the market. Since they promote a calming effect they are the most perfect blankets for everyday use.
Custom Weighted Blankets
The provision of the best custom weighted blankets allows the customer to choose the size, fabric and the weight of the weighted blankets. Since individual needs may vary, it’s easy for a person to order custom weighted blankets made for them. These blankets allow the manufacturers to blend the weight, fabric, and sizes of the blankets together so that one can get the most out of the blankets.
Waterproof Weighted Blankets
These blankets are not only fire resistant but also water-resistant and anti-microbial. Despite the fact that they forms barrier against the liquids they are still quite breathable hence can be used well. The waterproof blankets allow the heat and water vapor to escape from inside the blanket. This way the person who is using them can comfortably sleep without any issue at all.
How to Properly Take care of your weighted blanket
If you are a weighted blanket owner then one of the things that you need to know is how to take good care of it. Since these blankets have been specially constructed if you don’t take good care of them you are likely to destroy them.
How to Wash Blanket with Micro Filling
Weighted blankets normally get their extra weight because of the objects that have been used to fill them. Although there are other options the main material is usually the micro-glass. These objects are not only small but also similar in look since they are heavier than the plastic beads they are much better for those who are looking for that extra weight on their blankets.
Thankfully, these micro-glass fillings weigh very well, dries fast and doesn’t clump up after washing this is very important since what’s inside your weighted blanket will always have an effect on its durability and washability.
Washing your best-weighted blanket does not have to be a hard job. However, you must be careful especially if your blankets weigh a lot. This is because if your blanket weighs more than 12 lbs then it’s important to look for commercial dryers and washers. If you using your regular home washer the washing process might not come out the way you want.
How to Wash the Inner Part of Weighted Blanket and the Detachable cover
The main work of the detachable cover of the weighted blanket is to block stains and dirt particles from reaching the inner part of the blanket. By having the outer cover you can significantly reduce the frequency of washing blanket. Since different materials require different washing procedures you need to carefully check the material of your blanket so you know how to go about washing it. Here are some of the most important steps to follow
Step 1. Sort and spot treat the blanket. If you take good care of your weighed blanket you’ll enjoy using it for a very long time. It’s therefore important to know the kind of material your blanket is made up of so you know how you can go about washing it.
It’s also important to wash your best-weighted blanket separately as this will significantly prevent the chance of other blankets tearing it up and rendering it useless. Prior to washing your blanket, ensure that you treat the stains.
Since there are several stain removers in the market the best thing to do is choose the best ones for your blanket. If you don’t get the right stain remover then you can use ordinary dish soap, you just need to rub it on your fingers and then use it to wash your blanket.
Step 2. Wash the blanket. After sorting out your blanket the next step that you need to take is to wash it well. Remove the detachable cover from the blanket then use a machine to wash it well. A small quantity of mild detergent should be able to do for you a thorough work. If you prefer to handwash the blanket instead then just plunge the blanket inside a big tub of soapy water and then carefully knead it.
Step 3.Dry the Blanket. Depending on the material that your weighted blanket is made it you can tumble dry it on-air stuff or low heat to preserve the softness of the fabric of your blanket. When hand washing your blanket you need to thoroughly squeeze the blanket by folding, rolling, and pressing it well so you can remove any extra water on the blanket. If you want to maintain the shape of the blanket then you need to refrain from wringing the blanket. To dry the blanket look for a dry surface to ensure that the blanket can remain balanced.
Step 4. Fold the blanket. Once your weighted blanket is dry you can either fold and keep it for later use or just snuggle inside it and use it the right way. Whichever thing you choose you’ll definitely enjoy the benefits of the blanket.
Step 5. Put away that iron. It’s important to know that ironing your blanket is not encouraged hence you need to avoid it. These include either microwaving or dry ironing. These processes can deflate the soft threads and even melt the plastic fillings put inside the blanket.
Check out today’s top 10 Best Weighted Blankets deals below…
Tips for Choosing the Best Weighted Blanket For your Needs
So you’ve decided to buy weighted blankets? If you’ve had that weighted blankets come with several benefits and want to experience this yourself then you need to make the best purchase. One important step to make is to ask people around to tell you about the weighted blankets review so you can know which one to buy.
• Look for the right weight. One important step when you want to buy weighted blanket is to look for the right weight. The general rule of the thumb is that the blanket should be at least 10% of your weight. This will enable you to get a good weighted blankets deals.
• Choose the right size. There are a variety of dimensions of weighted blankets hence it’s important to choose the right size. A weighted blanket does not have to cover the whole bed. As long as the blanket can cover your body it’s just good to go.
• Consider how hot you want your blanket to be. It’s also important to know how hot you want your weighted blanket to be. For instance, if you are looking for warmer then you need to choose weighted blankets that are made of fleece. But if you prefer color and lighter material then you need to choose the ones made of cotton.
• Search for a blanket that suits your style. Since this blanket will be part of your bedroom you need to ensure that it suits your style. Just other normal blankets these blankets also come in a range of colors.
• Know which type of filler to pick. If you are looking for a weighted blanket that will last long you need to know the kind of filer that you need to choose. Since low-quality filler tend to get clumped or squished you need to choose the best filler for your needs.
• Know the type of blanket cover you are looking for. It’s also very important to know the kind of blanket coverage that you are looking for. A good detachable blanket cover should be easier to wash, to customize and to control the temperature.
• Know the care instructions. It’s also very important to know about the care instructions of the blanket so you can end up with the best. The worst thing to do is to choose a blanket that you don’t even know how to take care of.
• Compare the price points. Since there are different types of weighted blankets in the market you need to choose only the ones that you can afford. Make sure you shop around to look for the best blanket. However, while searching for one does not allow the price to compromise the quality f the blanket that you are looking for.
You happiness comfort and getting the right pressure are some of the things that you need to consider when shopping for the best-weighted blanket. Since buying the best-weighted blanket is a huge investment make sure you take your time so you can choose the best one. This way you’ll enjoy using the blanket for several years to come.